I am learning new strength training exercises and can already see my definition increasing. YEY
I have been trying out recipes too. This week I made lemon protein bars and thought I would share the recipe with you.
I found the original recipe on the Live Fit training site and made a few changes because I wasn't really down with the chemicals in the original. So here are my modified version
Lemon Protein Bars
- 1 cup oat flour ( I make my own by grinding old fashioned oats)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 lemon (you will squeeze the juice out and use the zest)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 8 oz apple sauce
- 4 oz water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oat flour, vanilla whey protein, salt, baking soda in large bowl.
- Mix egg whites, coconut sugar, applesauce, lemon juice and zest and water in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
- Pour ingredients into dish.
- Bake 23 minutes.
This will make 16 squares and each serving (2 squares) is around 100 calories.